Links to Other Websites
How Information is Used
Turk to Turk Along the Silk Road uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with information and/or service. Specifically, we use your information to update you on ministry happenings.
What we do with your personally identifiable information (“PII”)
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” (“PII”) means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide PII to us, either directly or through a business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party;
- take reasonable precautions to protect the information from accidental loss or destruction, or unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure or alteration;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example), by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Turk to Turk Along the Silk Road, its users, or others; this may include (for example), exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Changing Your Information or Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List
You may change your PII at any time. It is our desire not to send unwanted communication to anyone. If you need assistance with updating your PII or removing yourself from our mailing lists, just let us know using the Contact Us information found on the Contact page.
Use of Credit Cards
Our donation services use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. You understand that we make every effort to protect your information, and you agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
Other information we collect
In order for our computer to communicate with yours, we must collect certain non-PII data, such as your IP address. Such data is only used temporarily and not retained.
Turk to Turk Along the Silk Road uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. If you set up your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our web site(s).
You can turn off tracking features and adjust other security settings in your browser by visiting the following links:
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: Google provides a free add-on to most major browsers that you can install to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. Visit the following link to download the free Google Opt-out Add-on Tool: http://goo.gl/Ls82zv
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the Turk to Turk Along the Silk Road Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
Turk to Turk Along the Silk Road’s operations are located primarily in the United Kingdom. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United Kingdom. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
We do not knowingly collect PII from children. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.) Even though our website is not designed for use by children, we realize that a child may attempt to access our website. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child is using our website, please contact us. We may ask for proof of identification before we remove any information to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover on our own that a child is accessing our website, we will delete the information as soon as we discover it, we will not use the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to third parties. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability to do so. If you are a child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before accessing our website.
Questions or comments?